Links To Other Sections
Housing and Homelesness - Community Development,Social Justice and Advocacy - Children,Young People and Families - Drugs and Alcohol - Mental Health - Education and Training - Unions and Professional Associations - Legal - Health - Gay Lesbian and Transgender Issues
- Foyer Federation to our website: http://foyer.net
The Foyer Federation is a not-for-profit organisation that helps to transform the circumstances of young people who have faced barriers in their lives.
Campaigns and initiatives are led through a network of 120 accredited learning and accommodation centres known as ‘Foyers’
Advantage Thinking article http://foyer.net/advantaged-thinking/
- Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute http://www.ahuri.edu.au (link is external)
AHURI is a not-for-profit independent national research organisation which conducts and disseminates high-quality research on housing and urban issues to inform the policies and practices of governments, industry, and the community and stimulating debate in the broader Australian community.
- National Homelessness Information Clearinghouse http://www.homelessnessinfo.net.au (link is external)
Facilitates the sharing of homelessness research, information and good practice examples across the sector, and provides opportunities for collaboration, interaction and discussion.
- Tenant's Union of NSW and Tenant's Advice and Advocacy Program (TAAP) Services http://www.tenants.org.au (link is external)
The Tenants Advice and Advocacy Services provides free, independent information, advice and advocacy to tenants throughout New South Wales.
- ARCH (Association To Resource Co-op Housing Ltd) http://www.arch.asn.au (link is external)
ARCH is the peak resourcing agency for Housing Co-operatives in NSW. It assists interested groups of people state-wide to plan, develop and establish housing co-operatives.
- Homelessness NSW http://www.homelessnessnsw.org.au (link is external)
Homelessness NSW is a broad based peak body whose members include services that provide accommodation, support and other services to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- NSW Federation of Housing Associations http://www.communityhousing.org.au (link is external)
Peak body for community managed housing associations. The website contains useful links and information about community housing, including housing associations. Tools, resources, reports and information on training is available for housing managers.
- Shelter NSW http://www.shelternsw.org.au (link is external)
Shelter is a peak housing body, which promotes the interests of low-income and disadvantaged housing consumers in NSW.
- Council to Homelessness Persons http://www.chp.org.au/index.shtml (link is external)
The Council to Homeless Persons is the peak Victorian body representing individuals and organisations with a stake or interest in homelessness. Their mission is to work towards ending homelessness through leadership in policy, advocacy and sector development
- Homeless Information Portal http://www.hip.org.au (link is external)
The Homeless Information Portal is a searchable directory of alcohol and other drugs support services in Australia, and an online resource guide to help service providers respond to homeless people affected by alcohol and other drug (AOD) use.
- Youth Accommodation Association http://www.yaa.com.au (link is external)
The Youth Accommodation Association is a peak body that seeks to end homelessness in Australia. We do by providing support to youth workers through training, policy, research, and raising community awareness, we also provide direct services to young people.
- Australian Council of Social Services (ACOSS) http://www.acoss.org.au (link is external)
The Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS) is the peak council of the community services and welfare sector. Established in 1956, ACOSS is the national voice for the needs of people affected by poverty and inequality.
- Council of Social Services NSW (NCOSS) http://www.ncoss.org.au (link is external)
- Community Builders http://www.communitybuilders.nsw.gov.au (link is external)
is an interactive electronic clearing house for everyone involved in community level social, economic and environmental renewal including community leaders, community & government workers, volunteers, program managers, academics, policy makers, youth and seniors
- Youth Action and Policy Association http://www.yapa.org.au (link is external)
- The Centre for Multicultural Youth http://www.cmy.net.au (link is external)
CMY undertakes a range of programs, projects and policy initiatives aimed at enhancing the life opportunities of young people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Illawarra Community Forum http://www.illawarraforum.org.au (link is external)
- National Welfare Rights Network http://www.welfarerights.org.au (link is external)
The NWRN provides free and independent information, advice and representation to individuals about Social Security law and its administration through Centrelink.
- NSW Council for Civil Liberties http://www.nswccl.org.au (link is external)
The New South Wales Council for Civil Liberties aims to assist in the protection of rights and liberties by investigating any infringement of rights by governments, their agencies or others in authority, especially the police.
- ReconciliACTION http://www.reconciliaction.org.au (link is external)
ReconciliACTION is the youth wing of Australians for Native Title and Reconciliation (ANTaR) and aims to promote reconciliation and Indigenous rights.
- Council for Aboriginal Reconciliation http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/orgs/car (link is external)
Working towards a united Australia which respects the land, values the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and provides justice and equity for all.
- Edmund Rice Centre for Justice and Community Education http://www.erc.org.au (link is external)
The Centre is a community education, networking and advocacy organisation whose aim is to raise public awareness around key social justice issues including Indigenous, refugee and youth concerns.
- Indigenous Justice Clearinghouse http://www.indigenousjustice.gov.au (link is external)
- Closing the Gap Clearinghouse http://www.aihw.gov.au/closingthegap (link is external)
- Association of Childrens Welfare Agencies (ACWA) www.acwa.asn.au
Reflects the responsibility of non-government agencies to be concerned with the welfare of the 'whole child' by not just providing a substitute care environment, but rather assisting the child and young person to 'find their place in the world'.
- NSW Childrens Commission http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au (link is external)
The Commission is an independent organisation that works with others to make NSW a better place for children and young people.
- Family Advocacy https://www.family-advocacy.com
Family Advocacy is an independent, community based social advocacy organisation which works across New South Wales. They work with families in which there is a child or an adult who has a developmental disability and provide information and support.
- Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth http://www.aracy.org.au (link is external)
The Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth (ARACY) is a national non-profit organisation working to create better futures for all Australias children and young people.
- Mensline Australia http://www.menslineaus.org.au (link is external)
A dedicated service for men with relationship and family concerns with additional sites for young, Indigenous, Arabic and Vietnamese men. There is telephone counseling also available.
- New South Wales Family Services Inc www.fams.asn.au
The aim of NSW Family Services is the promotion of quality support services provided by non-government organisations in NSW and the ACT to families experiencing stress.
- Stronger Families Clearinghouse (2000-2004) http://www.aifs.org.au/sf/about.html (link is external)
- National Child Protection Clearing House http://www.aifs.org.au/nch (link is external)
- Australian Domestic and Family Violence Clearinghouse http://www.austdvclearinghouse.unsw.edu.au (link is external)
- Australian Clearinghouse for Youth Studies http://www.acys.utas.edu.au (link is external)
- Australian Family Relationships Clearinghouse http://www.aifs.gov.au/afrc (link is external)
- Communities and Families Clearinghouse Australia http://www.aifs.gov.au/cafca/index.html (link is external)
- Australian and Other Drugs Council of Australia: National Information Clearinghouse http://www.adca.org.au (link is external)
The Alcohol and other Drugs Council of Australia (ADCA) is the peak, national, non-government organisation representing the interests of the Australian alcohol and other drugs sector, providing a national voice for people working to reduce the harm caused by alcohol and other drugs
- Drug Info Clearinghouse (Australian Drug Foundation) http://www.druginfo.adf.org.au (link is external)
Provides easy access to information about alcohol and other drugs, and drug prevention
- Australian Drug Foundation http://www.adf.org.au (link is external)
provides drug and alcohol information in many formats which is delivered in many ways through our Information Services. They also undertake community development and research into youth drug and alcohol related issues
- The Australian Drug Information Network (ADIN) http://www.adin.com.au (link is external)
provides a central point of access to quality Internet-based alcohol and drug information provided by prominent organizations in Australia and internationally.
- National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre http://www.ncpic.org.au (link is external)
The National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre (NCPIC) was established in response to community concerns about cannabis use. Its aim is to reduce the use of cannabis in Australia by preventing uptake and providing the community with evidence-based information and interventions
- Centre for Education and Information on Drugs and Alsohol (CEIDA) http://www.ceida.net.au (link is external)
This site provides a comprehensive guide for parents with younger children and teenagers. It covers the most common drugs available, placing a great emphasis on how to keep the lines of communication open with children
- Kids Help Line http://www.kidshelpline.com.au (link is external)
A national phone and internet counselling service; site includes counselling statistics and information sheets on topics such as homelessness, bullying, suicide etc.
- Suicide Call Back Service http://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au (link is external)
A free, nationwide telephone service that offers short to medium term support for people at risk of suicide, their carers, and those bereaved by suicide.
- Kids Matter http://www.kidsmatter.edu.au (link is external)
aims to improve the mental health and wellbeing of children, reduce mental health problems amongst children, and achieve greater support for children experiencing mental health difficulties, and their families.
- Black Dog Institute http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au (link is external)
The Black Dog Institute is dedicated to advancing the understanding, diagnosis and management of the depressive disorders.
- Mental Health Association NSW Inc http://www.mentalhealth.asn.au (link is external)
The Association promotes opportunities for the people of NSW to achieve their optimal level of mental health through providing information services, education about protecting mental health, mutual support and advocacy services.
- Reach Out http://au.reachout.com (link is external)
A web-based service that aims to inspire young people to help themselves through tough times, and find ways to boost their own mental health and wellbeing.
- National Literacy and Numeracy Research Clearinghouse http://www.gu.edu.au/school/cls/clearinghouse (link is external)
National Clearinghouse for research into Literacy and Numeracy
- National Vocational Education and Training Clearinghouse Network http://www.voced.edu.au (link is external)
National Clearinghouse for research into Vocational Education and Training
- Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training http://www.adcet.edu.au (link is external)
National Clearinghouse for research relating to Disabilitiy and Education and Training
- The Australian Institute of Welfare and Community Workers Inc. http://www.aiwcw.org.au (link is external)
The Australian Institute of Welfare and Community Workers Inc. (AIWCW) is the recognised professional body for welfare and community workers in Australia and was founded in 1969.
- Australian Service Union (ASU) http://www.asuservices.labor.net.au (link is external)
NSW and ACT branch of the ASU - committed to developing a strong presence in the workplace and in the industries our union represents to protect and enhance the working lives of our members and their families.
- The Australian Psychological Society http://www.psychology.org.au (link is external)
Professional Association representing registered Australian Psychologists
- FindLaw Australia http://www.findlaw.com.au (link is external)
Find Law Australia is a free access broad-based legal web site that contains 'plain English' legal articles, case law, legislation and a directory of lawyers.
- Youth Justice Coalition http://www.yjconline.net (link is external)
The YJC is a network of youth workers, childrens lawyers, policy workers and academics who work to promote the rights of children and young people in NSW and across Australia.
- Redfern Legal Centre http://www.rlc.org.au (link is external)
Community Legal Centre providing services for people who live and/or work in Sydney, South Sydney, Leichhardt and Botany LGAs.
- Lawstuff http://www.lawstuff.org.au (link is external)
The Lawstuff website provides accessible legal information for children and young people aimed at improving the conditions and opportunities of Australian children and young people by protecting their rights
- The National Children's and Youth Law Centre (NCYLC) http://www.ncylc.org.au (link is external)
The NCYLC is a Community Legal Centre dedicated to addressing human rights issues for children and young people in Australia through legal change and by providing advice and information about their legal rights and responsibilities and advocating for them when their rights or interests are threatened.
- The Law Foundation of NSW http://www.lawfoundation.net.au (link is external)
The Foundation is an independent statutory body working to improve access to justice in NSW, particularly for socially and economically disadvantaged people.
- Association for the Welfare of Child Health http://www.awch.org.au (link is external)
The Australian Association for the Wellbeing of Children in Healthcare (AWCH) is a national, non-profit organisation of parents, professionals and community members who work together to ensure the emotional and social needs of children, adolescents and their families are recognised and met within hospitals and the health care system in Australia
- Centre for the Advancement of Adolescent Health (NSW CAAH) http://www.caah.chw.edu.au (link is external)
Dedicated to protecting and promoting the health and well-being of young people in NSW by partnering with health care, non-government, education, academic, community and advocacy bodies to ensure better adolescent health outcomes
- Australian Indigenous Health http://www.healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au (link is external)
- Australian Resource Centre for Healthcare Innovations http://www.archi.net.au (link is external)
- NSW Association for Youth Health http://www.nayh.org.au (link is external)
Formally known as the NSW Association for Adolescent Health, the NSW Association for Youth Health (NAYH) Inc. is the peak body in NSW committed to working on behalf of the youth health sector to promote and advocate for the health and well being needs of marginalised young people aged 12 to 25 years
- Diversity Health Institute Clearinghouse http://www.dhi.gov.au/clearinghouse (link is external)
- Twenty 10 Gay and Lesbian Youth Service http://www.twenty10.org.au (link is external)
Twenty 10 is an organisation for young gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people who are having problems at home or have become homeless.